Frequently Asked Questions
1. I’m a CACI/CACII/CCS what’s an ADC/AADC/CS?
A) SCAADAC is switching to credentialing through IC&RC. ADC/AADC/CS are the updated names and credentials for that switch.
2. I’m a CACI/CACII/CCS how do I switch to an ADC/AADC/CS?
A) The switch will happen automatically. At some point you will receive notice of this change by both the SCAADAC board and IC&RC.
3. I don’t see the recertification document or application in the manual. How do I apply for certification/recertify?
A) We’ve moved over to an all online system called Certemy. If you’re already certified or are in-process for certification, then you can access the database at scaadac.certemy.com. If you haven’t started yet, then you can go here and begin the process.
4. I’m already certified/in-process and I don’t know my account or how to log into certemy. What do I do?
A) Check all your emails. Information about logging in was provided on 1/6/2020. If you are unable to find any correspondence from SCAADAC, then email email@example.com.
5. Do I take the NAADAC test or the IC&RC test?
A) SCAADAC just recently switched their credentialing to IC&RC. We will continue to accept the NAADAC test until 6/1/2021. At that point you will have to take the IC&RC test instead. IC&RC testing will be set up soon.
6. The previous requirement was 150 Clinical supervision hours and now it’s 200. Do I need 150 or 200 clinical supervision hours?
A) If you began the certification process before 1/1/2020, then you only need 150 clinical supervision hours. If you began the process on or after 1/1/2020, then you require 200 clinical supervision hours.
7. Can CACII/AADC sign off on clinical supervision hours?
A) CACIIs/AADCs are able to sign off on clinical supervision hours until 6/1/2021. At that point you will need to either be a clinical supervisor or a clinical supervisor in-process.
8. How do I become a Clinical Supervisor?
A) Once you’ve earned your AADC with four years of addictions work experience, you can begin the CS-P (Clinical Supervisor in-process). This requires at least 2 years, and the application period is 3 years. All the requirements can be found in the manu